November 20, 2009

Spiritual Lineage

Have you ever considered your spiritual lineage?

As a Christian, I belong to a family of believers; there is my church family, but there is also the much larger family of Christians worldwide, made up of countless brothers and sisters in Christ. And then there are the Christians from whom I am descended. I am a Christian because someone shared Christ with me. And they were a Christian because someone shared Christ with them. And so on and so forth all the way back to someone who had a personal encounter with Jesus. That means that I am a descendant of Jesus! I may not be able to trace that family tree, but I can’t wait for the family reunion.

It makes me think. Do I have any spiritual descendants? Do you?

1 comment:

The Vistan said...

How can I not post a comment!
You may not be of my family bloodline, but His blood has made us family.
Your sister in Christ,*;~)